How to Outsource Content Writing: Tips and Best Practices
Top content writing is a proven method of driving traffic to a website and turning visitors into customers. That’s why 80% of marketers consider content creation as a high-priority task.
However, businesses are always torn between product enhancement, employee management, and far more. So, it’s no wonder they lack time to generate SEO content regularly. Fortunately, there is a solution — to outsource content writing. And today, we will share with you the best practices and tips on its implementation. Keep reading this outsource content writing guide by the Livepage team and find out all there is to know about this powerful marketing tool!
What is Content Outsourcing?
Content outsourcing is the practice of enlisting external professionals to produce content of various types on behalf of a business. The aim is to produce compelling, high-quality content consistently that will engage readers and boost traffic.
Outsourcing content writing offers several benefits. Foremost, it frees up valuable time for business owners to focus on other critical tasks. Further, it provides access to a diverse pool of skilled writers who can deliver top-notch content. Lastly, content writing outsourcing is cost-justified, as it guarantees the high quality of copy you need.
There are multiple types of content outsourcin:
- Social media posts. You might already know that social media platforms are necessary for B2C promotion. Likewise, outsourcing content creation to agencies with social media expertise can ensure regular customized posting on each platform.
- Blogs. You can outsource content writing for your blog to generate more leads, as businesses with blogs get 55% more site visitors. Namely, getting help from well-trusted experts can ensure excellent blog content production and scheduling.
- Web pages. Well-crafted content on website pages, such as description and about-us pages, is essential to retain visitors and convert them into leads. And outsourcing content writing can ensure engaging content for these pages.
- Email content. Professionally formed letters that personalize business communication with your audience are worth investing in. Just outsource content creation to get your email marketing automated.
- Whitepapers. Whitepapers are comprehensive reports that provide solutions to specific problems. Outsourcing content writing for whitepapers can guarantee expertly crafted content that meets your target audience.
- Infographics. Infographics are extremely useful when you need to present information visually. Since creating infographics can be challenging, outsourcing their creation to professionals can save you time.
Planning Your Content Writing Outsourcing
Now, considering the main advantages of content outsourcing, let’s look at a step-by-step outsourcing content writing guide to kickstart the process:
Step 1. Focus on your needs to define goals
The first thing you should do if you want to know how to outsource content writing effectively is to determine your goals. Once you have a clear understanding of them, you can find a content writer who matches your expectations.
Here are some key considerations to keep in mind:
- The preferable number of articles per month. Set a monthly goal for the number of articles you need based on your industry and content requirements. According to HubSpot, publishing 4 posts per week generates the most traffic. However, the numbers can differ depending on your business type.
- Length of articles. Usually, providers of outsourcing content writing services recommend their clients a word number for each type of content. Yet, you should know the basic rules. For example, 2,000-3,000 words are ideal for Google rankings as long as such articles meet the search intent.
- Purpose of the content. Outsourcing content creation brings the best results when the purpose of this content is clearly formed. Your writer should be familiar with your business niche, competitors, marketing funnel, etc.
Step 2. Establish a budget and set deadlines
Every solid guide to outsourcing content writing underlines that it’s crucial to establish a realistic budget. It is advised to consider not only the writer’s payment but also the costs of editing, revisions, and any necessary research.
Moreover, before hiring a content writer, examine the market and compare rates. Remember to request samples of their work to find the right balance between cost and quality.
Step 3. Search for content writing providers
Here are some tips for finding talented and conscientious writers:
- Freelancing platforms. Use additional resources, like Upwork or Fiverr, to find freelancers with diverse skill sets. Upwork is great for long-term contracts, while Fiverr offers a wider range of freelancers with lower salary expectations.
- Online communities. Join LinkedIn or Facebook groups related to your industry to find skilled freelance writers. You can also ask for recommendations from your friends, colleagues, or even writers you are currently working with.
Step 4. Create a detailed content brief and style guide
One essential tool in the content creation process is a content brief. It serves as a guiding document when working with your writer. It includes important criteria such as topic, length, tone of voice, and other peculiarities necessary for the creation of high-quality content.
Generally, each content brief outlines the structure of the content you plan to publish and includes the following:
- Target audience.
- Subheadlines/subpoints/bullet points.
- Body copy.
Best Practices for Content Writing Outsourcing
For a successful partnership with a content writing provider, follow the best practices described below:
- Effective communication with a content writing partner. Regular communication channels through different, such as email or project management tools, ensures smooth collaboration and help to avoid any misunderstandings.
- Providing clear and detailed feedback. Providing comprehensive and constructive feedback on the content delivered by the writing partner can help them understand your preferences and requirements better.
- Establishing a collaborative and positive working partnership. Building a collaborative and positive working partnership with your writers can foster creativity and productivity. Likewise, encouraging open dialogue and valuing their input can lead to better results.
- Maintaining the quality and consistency of all content. It is also one of the necessary ways to outsource content writing correctly. Clearly communicate your content quality standards to the writing partner. Regularly check the content to ensure it maintains consistency across all platforms.
- Protecting your brand’s voice and reputation. Your brand’s voice and reputation are valuable assets that must be protected. Provide guidelines to the content writing partner that explains your brand tone and values.
- Protection for intellectual property. Intellectual property concerns should not be overlooked when outsourcing the content writing. That’s why you should define ownership and sign a non-disclosure agreement (NDA) to secure your confidentiality.
Tips for Content Writing Outsourcing
Whether you’re a startup or an established business, here are some tips to navigate the process of outsourcing content writing products successfully:
- Know when to outsource content writing. If you find yourself struggling to keep up with the demand for content or if you lack the expertise in-house, it may be time to consider outsourcing. To check these factors, look for signs, like missed deadlines, inconsistent quality, etc., so you can determine when you need external help.
- Identify the right partner to write content for your business. Take your time to research and evaluate different outsource content writing services or freelance writers. Consider factors such as their expertise, experience, writing style, portfolio, and pricing.
- Stay organized to manage multiple projects. Outsourcing content writing may involve working with multiple writers or agencies. To keep things organized, establish clear communication channels, provide detailed briefs, and set realistic deadlines. Also, use project management tools to audit progress and meet deadlines.
- Incorporate feedback and make changes. Always provide constructive feedback to your content writers. This will help them enhance and align with your brand’s voice. Be open to receiving feedback from your content writing partners as well.
- Measure and evaluate the success of your outsourced content writing. To ensure that your outsourced content writing brings the desired results, measure and evaluate its success. For this, use analytics to monitor key performance indicators (KPIs).
How can Livepage Help?
There are some ways Livepage can help you with content marketing outsourcing:
- Content strategy development. Livepage can develop a complete content strategy for your business that aligns with your marketing aims and target audience. Also, if you want your businesses to stay ahead of the game and not be left behind, read our post about the future of blogging.
- Content creation. Our content creators produce high-quality written, well-structured, and search-engine-optimized textual matter. At Livepage, we understand the importance of corporate blogging and also invite you to read about it.
- Content optimization. Livepage can optimize content for search engines to improve its visibility and ranking on search engine results pages (SERPs). We also pay special attention to editing and proofreading of our content. Here is an article for your consideration about why this is so important.
- Content distribution. Our specialists are well-versed in promoting content through various channels, including social media, email marketing, influencer outreach, and content syndication. To better understand how lead generation works, you can read this article.
- Performance monitoring and reporting. Livepage provides regular performance monitoring and reporting, to track the success of your content marketing. To help businesses better understand the key metrics and KPIs for B2B SaaS, we have made this research.
- Cost-effective solutions. Outsourcing content creation to Livepage is a budget-friendly option for businesses of any complexity. It allows you to avoid extra spending while achieving effective content marketing results. For example, our recent blog post on NFTs outlines winning marketing strategies for modern businesses.
Consider Livepage as Your Trusted Partner
As a Google Premier Partner, Livepage has vast experience in content marketing outsourcing. For now, it is measured with 11 years of diligent work on versatile projects. Still, what is impossible to measure is our enthusiasm and high energy level that help our customers achieve their goals. That’s why partnering with Livepage is a strategic move to scale your marketing potential!
To prove this, we share with you real cases from our work:
The Hoxton Mix faced low organic traffic and poor visibility in search results. Our solution included implementing SEO strategies like optimizing content, improving site architecture, conducting keyword research, creating backlinks, and using social media marketing.
- +16,800 organic traffic in 6 months (+90% compared to previous);
- 172.15% increase in monthly conversions;
- +1,317 new relevant keywords in the TOP-10 search;
- TOP-1 positions for principal business keywords on 2/13/2023.
Our successful SEO campaign for Gainy resulted in significant improvements. We optimized their website, conducted keyword research, created backlinks, and implemented social media marketing.
- +25,000 organic traffic in 3 months (+250% compared to previous);
- +300% increase in monthly conversions;
- TOP-1 positions for key industry keywords on Google.
So, be sure that Livepage is a team of experts in creating and implementing winning marketing strategies!
We hope this guide gives you an understanding of how to outsource content creation. Furthermore, outsourcing to Livepage allows you to tap into our strong expertise for better results. We guarantee unique, custom approaches to your tasks.
Feel free to contact us!
What elements of content marketing can be outsourced?
When determining the scope of the elements of content marketing that can be outsourced, you can include content writing, graphic design, social media management, video production, and content distribution. It’s better to start with outsourcing content writing, which will enhance your website ranking in the shortest terms.
How do I outsource content writing effectively?
To outsource content writing effectively, consider the following steps:
- Define your content strategy and goals.
- Choose reputable content writers or service providers.
- Prepare briefs and content writing outsourcing guides.
- Set demands and deadlines.
- Review your authors.
- Monitor their performance.
- Promote a strong working relationship.
Why is it important to outsource content creation?
There are multiple pluses to outsourcing content creation to professionals, such as:
- Regular posting of textual SEO content.
- Content writing outsourcing is cost-effective.
- Scalability to handle changing content demands.
- More time to focus on core business functions.
- New creative ideas from external content creators.
When should I outsource content writing services?
Consider outsourcing content writing services when you:
- lack in-house expertise;
- face resource constraints;
- require fresh perspectives;
- want to focus on core business functions;
- have urgent content needs;
- experience fluctuations in content volume.